Thursday, June 10, 2010

Crafty like a fox

So I'm taking a cake decorating class at Micheal's.  This week we practiced making a lovely cupcake design.  The cupcake in the book looked light and fluffy and cute.


Mine looks like a pile 'o brains.




What's that you say?  It doesn't look too bad?  Let's get a closer look.



Definitely a brain with a cherry on top.  Maybe I was just channeling my inner zombie.



It was still delicious.


I've also been working on a texture monster, a variation of the taggie monsters that I made before.  My cousin's son has sensory processing disorder.  He's been doing awesome with his therapy and they've been exposing him to toys with a lot of texture.  I made my standard monster, but added faux snake skin on one leg and tulle on the other, plus a uni-brow of fake fur and fringe around his back.  I think he turned out quite cute! 

1 comment: