Serves 2-3. Prep time: 15-20 minutes. Cook time: 50 minutes.
- 1 can of diced Italian style tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons of dried basil
- 1/2 package of Chicken Stovetop Stuffing
- 1 package of boneless skinless chicken breast halves (3-4 per package)
- Italian dressing
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix tomatoes, 3/4 cup of cheese, and basil in bowl. Add stuffing mix, stir until just moistened.
3. Place chicken breasts into large freezer bag. Pound with mallet or heavy can until chicken is 1/4 inch think. Remove from bag, place top side down, and pour thin layer of dressing on chicken breast. Spread chicken with stuffing mixture. Starting at narrow wend, tightly roll up each breast. Put in baking dish seam-side down and repeat with other breasts.
4. Drizzle with dressing.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with rest of cheese, bake 5 minutes more.