Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Burrito Mess

This is a work in progress--someone on a message board I frequent suggested it without giving any specifics. I'd love any suggestions for extra/different ingredients.

Serves 6-8. I'm attempting to freeze half, not sure how that's going to turn out.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 6 hours.

Ingredients
  • 1 pack of chicken breast tenders
  • 1 can of medium salsa
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 can of black beans
  • large burrito flour tortillas
  • other Mexican fixings: shredded cheese, sour cream, etc.
Directions
  1. Put chicken in crock pot.
  2. Add in salsa, corn, and beans. Be sure to drain the water from the corn and beans before adding it.
  3. Stir.
  4. Cook on low for six hours.
  5. The chicken is now very tender and will shred simply by stirring it vigorously.
  6. Serve as burritos on flour tortillas
The verdict? A teensy bit bland but still pretty tasty. Next time, I think I'm going to consider adding lime, chicken taco seasoning (you can buy the packets at Wal-mart, I use it for quesadillas), and perhaps canned diced tomatos and onions (the type you put in chili).

No comments:

Post a Comment