Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Alfredo

I'm always looking for something new to cook in my crockpot and I came across this recipe. Here's my scaled down version of it.

Serves 4-6. Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 7 hours.

Ingredients
  • Half a jar (7.5 oz) of alfredo sauce. Classico brand is very good.
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of pesto
  • 1/2 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, or one clove of minced garlic. I'm lazy and buy the pre-minced stuff from a jar.
  • 1 pack of frozen chicken breast tenders
  • 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
  • 1/2 cup of Italian blend cheese
Directions
  1. Pour the alfredo sauce into the crockpot.
  2. Add milk and stir well.
  3. Drop in garlic, butter, and pesto, and do not stir. I have no idea why not, but it worked for me.
  4. Place frozen chicken on top of alfredo sauce.
  5. Cook on low for six hours.
  6. After six hours, remove lid, stir, and add cheese on top. Cook for one more hour.
  7. Serve with pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment