Friday, February 19, 2010

Stepmom's Honey Sesame Tenderloin



Note: Again, not my photo. One day when I have a nicer camera I'll take photos of the food that I cook. I think that my camera would make anything look unappetizing...

Source: my stepmom

If you cook both tenderloins, makes enough for 4-6 servings. I usually just make one and it's plenty for my husband and I, plus a little bit of leftovers (I freeze the other).

Prep time: 1 hour+ marinading, 15 minutes prep time, 30 minutes cook time.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (I'm lazy about mincing so I buy a HUGE jar of pre-minced stuff. It's good and doesn't go bad like fresh garlic can.)
  • 1 tbsp. grated fresh giner or 1 tsp dry ginger
  • 1 lb whole pork tenderloin (i.e. 1 tenderloin from the package of two)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 4 tbsp. sesame seeds
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil

Directions
1. Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Place tenderloin in a heavy plastic bag, pour soy mixture over it. Let it marinate 1-2 hour at room temperature or overnight in the fridge.

2. Remove from marinade and pat dry. Mix together honey and brown sugar in a shallow plate.

3. Place sesame seeds on a separate shallow plate. Roll pork in honey mixture, coating well, then roll in sesame seeds.

4. Bake pork in a shallow pan at 375 degrees from 20-30 minutes, or until the meat thermometer hits registers 160. 30 minutes works for us.

5. Remove from pan and slice thinly to serve.


My Comments:
I love this recipe. My stepmom sometimes makes it for special occasion dinners, like Easter. The pork always comes out tender with a wonderful flavor. I usually have rice with it and make a sandwich with the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment