Sunday, January 24, 2010

Keeping my mind off it


Tonight we Ferberize.

This means that we're putting Mo-mo to bed and trying to teach her how to self-soothe herself to sleep rather than rocking her. This translate to a lot of crying.

Before the holidays, she was sleeping through the night in her own crib with no problem. During Christmas and traveling she got used to co-sleeping with Batman and me. This last month she's been waking up between 2-5 a.m. and coming back to bed with us.

I wouldn't mind it except for two reasons: 1) She a restless sleeper. She kicks and rolls and I generally don't get much sleep. 2) Our animals wake up at 6 a.m., and Mo-mo usually wakes at 7 a.m. The pets wake her up an hour earlier when she's in our bed and it throws her off for the entire day.

So anyway, I'm listening to her cry and waiting until I can check on her again. The idea is to let them cry for a certain amount of time before checking on them. This process is a bitch but I'm told it gets better.

So I figured I'd give you all an update of The List. (It totally deserves capital letters.)

8. Send out five job applications by Feb 1, 2010 (1/5)
God, I hope I have job lined up before we graduate.

27. Organize recipes.
I bought a binder, dividers, and plastic sheet protectors. I am organized!

64. Frame 4 photos (4/4)
I kind of cheated with this one. Batman got a mosaic photo frame for Christmas, so we technically have 8 framed photos now. It looks great in our bedroom.

71. Complete the 30 day shred
This is not going to happen anytime soon. That damn video is HARD. I'm going to do the EA Sports 30 Day Challenge first, then try it again. Yes, I am a wuss.

74. Drink nothing but water for two weeks
One week down, one week to go. I really really really want a glass of wine. Or a diet coke.

89. Give blood at least three times (0/3)
I have an appointment to give blood on Tuesday.


I hope this gets better. It's tough listening to her cry. Poor baby. Poor Mommy and Daddy, too.

2 comments:

  1. Can you at least drink fizzy water? Or just plan, flat, lukewarm tap water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fizzy water. Just tap water (but cold, thank you very much!)

    ReplyDelete